Strawberry season will soon be here and it will be time to make our favorite Strawberry Salad recipe, We borrowed this recipe from Southern Living Magazine because it is a light, delicious and easy to make salad. It is also very versatile because you can add other nuts or seed, blue berries and raspberries. You can also serve it as a starter dish or add chicken and you have a meal. The dressing for this salad is delicious and super easy to make too. This berry salad will pair very nicely with our nice crisp Monte Xanic Sauvignon Blanc .
- 7 -10 cups fresh Baby Spinach (washed, dried and stems removed, or use as much as desired)
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds (candied almonds are good too!
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (can use more)
Remove strawberry stems and discard them. Slice all strawberries into three each pieces each. Put all ingredients in a bowl and top with toasted almonds, feta cheese, and dressing.
- 1 cup strawberries stemmed and chopped.
- 2 tablespoons honey.
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Combine the chopped strawberries, honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 2 days.